|At the best bar in Toronto - The Lockhart|
My name is Victoria and welcome to The Blonde Bookshelf! I'm a 26yr old lawyer working and living in Toronto, Canada.
As far back as I can remember, I have been a bibliophile. Seriously, I was that kid that always brought a book to a party in case it got boring (that still hasn't changed to be honest). I recently decided to share this love of literature with the world by finally starting my own book blog.
My reading tastes are pretty extensive - while I love fantasy and historical fiction the most, I will read pretty much anything that catches my fancy. I think the only genre I can honestly say I have never read is horror (thanks to my childhood fear of It the clown) but I'm always willing to try!
Beyond books I love to travel and live in new places (I've lived in Montreal, The Hague, Boston and Buffalo in the last few years), I adore cooking and like any good Canadian I'm obsessed with hockey.
I also am obsessively organized and I do this by making a lot of lists (mostly to-do lists). Because I like lists to organize my thoughts, much of this blog will be lists of recommended reads for various genres, moods and even seasons. I will also be doing reviews of some of the books I read, as well as the odd opinion piece (especially unpopular opinions because who doesn't love those?).
Some of my favourite books include:
- Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (but that should be obvious by the above photo)
- Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Graceling Realm Trilogy by Kristin Cashore
- Six of Crows Duology by Leigh Bardugo
- Evelina by Fanny Burney
- Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot
- Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
- The Demon King Quartet by Cinda Williams Chima
- Gardella Vampire Series by Colleen Gleason
- A Countess Below the Stairs by Eva Ibbotson (also called The Secret Countess)
- Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier
- The Falconer Trilogy by Elizabeth May
- Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkowski
- Poison Study by Maria V. Synder
- and ANYTHING by William Shakespeare